Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've made these cookies once before, those who received a tin of my Christmas cookies know this very well. I'm making these for my friend, Molly, who had a boob job on Tuesday. I'm quite jealous that she is now going to be bigger than myself but I'm still baking her some cookies to help her feel better. I got the recipe for these cookies from Lovin' from the oven, a blog where I've gotten a few recipes and I'm sure I'll reference it again. Her recipe called for peppermint extract, but I used mint extract. I loved these cookies when I made them last time, they were so delicious warm that I'd heat them up when I ate them or dipped them in hot chocolate, it's the perfect winter cookie and we defiantly have at least another month of winter for you to try these out:
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cup of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of sugar
1 egg; beaten
1/4 tsp mint extract
1 cup of dark chocolate (chunks or chips)


In a medium size bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking soda
In a large bowl, beat together the sugars and butter on medium speed until it's nice and fluffy.
then, slowly add the beaten egg and mint extract. Beat and scrape the sides. 
Add the flour mixture slowly and beat until you can't see the flour streaks anymore. 
Stir in the dark chocolate by hand.
Cover the dough and refrigerate for an hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Scoop out tablespoons and roll into balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-9 minutes. 
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Makes 20-24 cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment