Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chorizo, Eggs, y Papas






WARNING: This meal will make your kitchen smell amazing. Cook with care.


Chorizo and eggs is something that my Grandma Garcia would always make and then my Mother learned to make. My Mom taught me in high school and since I moved out I make it all the time. It's really easy to make and is my absolute favorite breafast meal. Period. 
A lot a people don't know what chorizo is, It's a spiced pork that you can buy at pretty much at any grocery store. It comes in a plastic tube and is with the sausages typically. 
You can customize this however you want, sometimes I make it without potatoes with potatoes, with or without onions. You can eat it with a tortilla, as a taco or add refried beans and make it a burrito, or in a bowl by itself. It's very versatile. 










Chorizo, Eggs, y Papas

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 red potatoes
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 a tube chorizo
2 eggs


Chop your onion and potatoes.
Heat up a frying pan on medium heat.
Add the olive oil, potatoes, and onions.
Pepper the potatoes and onions to taste. 
When the potatoes and onions are tender, which will depend on the size of how you cut them, add the chorizo.
Using a wooden spoon, chop the chorizo and let it cook until its slightly crumbly and mix it with the potatoes and onions while its cooking so that the flavor of the chorizo soaks in with the vegetables. 
When the chorizo is about done, add the eggs and scramble them with everything else until the eggs are fully cooked.
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment