Saturday, February 12, 2011

White Chocolate Raspberry Bliss


My freshman year in college my friend Adriana brought a white chocolate raspberry scone from the student center pretty much everyday to psychology and would give me a pice and I was so in love with them, but for some reason, they stopped having them. So, when I found this recipe made by Hot Polka Dot I was so excited to make them that I made them for christmas, and they were almost everyones favorites. I've had a couple of people ask me for the recipe before I even started this blog so I wanted to make sure that I posted this as one of my firsts. These cookies are delicious and super easy to make, minus the "marbling" which after a few times of making these I still haven't mastered. Did I mention that these were my boyfriends favorite cookies, too? So good luck, and enjoy!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
makes 3 dozen
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup raspberry jam

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put a rack in the center of the oven.
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and blend.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flower, baking soda, and salt, then blend the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Finally, mix in the white chocolate chips.
Scoop a heaping tsp of dough onto the baking sheet for each cookie then round and smooth it with your fingertips.
Spoon about 1/2-1 tsp of raspberry jam onto each cookie (my boyfriend say the more jam the better). Then, using a small paring knife, marble the jam into the dough.
Bake 10-11 minuets until the edges are golden brown.
Let cool for a few minuets and the put on a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment