Friday, January 18, 2013

Best of 2012


Can you believe another year has come and gone already?
Well that means it's time to look back and see what my favorite post of last year were!
It wasn't hard to pick my favorites, I must admit. 2012 was such a great year for me friendship wise and career wise, because I was promoted to full-time this year!
Learn As You Go also has a twitter now, (@LearnAsYouGo_) and I've also started using instagram to promote this site.
Okay, enough chit chat. Drumroll please......

Top 10 Posts of 2012

#10 7th Place Award Winning Ribs

I love this recipe for ribs, for a first timer making ribs, it was super easy to follow and the ribs were just bursting with flavor. I must admit, I liked them better when they were cooked on a slow cooker versus in the oven, you really just can't beat the slow cooker. 



These bars were delicious. I took them to work and my co workers devoured them. They were soft, sweet, and perfect for any birthday.


#8 Strawberry White Chocolate Brownies


The perfect switch-up to you normal, every day brownies are these. White Chocolate with strawberries you can't go wrong. They were moist and pretty amazing.


#7 Loaded Baked Potato Grilled Cheese


I loveee paninis, grilled cheese, and mashed potatoes with all the fixings. This literally combines the best of all worlds. Eat them with soup or by themselves either way you will be very happy you made them.


#6 Bears Cookies


These cookies combined two of my posts from 2011, but they turned out so cute and so good; I mean come on how can you not make these every year for football season or for any sport or even. The spiced cookies are perfect to use when sick of the every day sugar cookies and the royal frosting takes your cookies from the norm to bakery quality.

#5 Pecan Pie Cookies


I don't even like pecans. But everyone loved them and I loved how easy they were to make. The cookies were a simple brown sugar thumbprint cookie and the filling had only a few ingredients. Pop them in the oven and you have an easy, original, fall or Thanksgiving treat.


#4 Red Velvet Blossoms 


These are a delicious twist to the typical peanut butter blossoms. How can you go wrong with red velvet? Don't think these are just for Valentines Day! You can make these during the winter holidays or Fourth of July too!


#3 Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream


The star of this post was the raspberry buttercream. Maybe I'm biased because I'm slightly raspberry obsessed but this is the best tasting frosting I've ever made, possibly ever tasted, even. Yes that good. Go, spread the word.


#2 Buffalo Chicken Bites



WHA? Something that isn't a sweet baked-good in the top 5?! Oh yes. These buffalo bites were so much fun to make, (maybe it was just me but making something completely new is the most interesting thing to me), and so worth the time it takes to let the dough rise, unless you use pre made dough. Perfect for tailgating, parties, or anytime you want to make an appetizer that will impress all.


#1 Chocolate Espresso Sandwich Cookies


Ugh, I love these cookies! My favorite post of the year was not hard to pick. In fact, this was the easiest one to pick! The chocolate with the coffee flavor is devine. They require a bit of time, but these grown up cookies are so worth the effort. Just try not to eat them all yourself at once, or indulge and do. ;)


Alright! That's all of them! What did you think? Did you favorite post of last year make the cut? What do you want to try or what have you tried already? I can't wait for another year of delicious blogging and thank you all for reading! Don't forget to follow my page on the sidebar to the right and tell your friends on twitter, pintrest, instagram and facebook if you like my site!


No comments:

Post a Comment