Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tortilla Soup



My second attempt at soup was easier and also delicious.
I have at least ten different soup recipes bookmarked so It's hard to pick the next on I'm going to make, but I looked so delicious I had to try it. And you know it was good because boyfriend took it to work the next day.  The recipie is from How Sweet It Is.
Tortilla Soup
4-6 servings
2 tbs. olive oil
1 medium onion
1 red pepper
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
32 oz low sodium chicken stock
4 oz can of green chilies
1/2 cup enchilada sauce (I used medium for extra spice)
1/4 cup sour cream

In a large pot add olive oil and heat on medium heat.
Chop your onion and pepper and throw them in, saute until soft.
 Mince your garlic cloves and add that, also sprinkle in the cumin and cayenne and stir.
Cut up your chicken into your preferred size chunks or shred them, and brown on each side.
Pour in chicken stock, chilies, and enchilada sauce.
Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 30 minuets.
Right before serving, stir in sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment