Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Better Than A Campfire


I found this recipe on my favorite food blog, Lovin' From the Oven. I bookmarked it a long time ago and then when the opportunity came for me to make it, I could not wait, I mean really, look at them! I was really excited because I love brownies, but if they have too much chocolate or are too sweet, I get the worst headache from them, so with marshmallows and graham crackers, they'd be perfect! It was my first time making brownies from scratch and after making so many cupcakes from scratch and was ecstatic how easy the recipe was. However, it soon found that this recipe was a trial by error effort. Next time, I want to use bigger hunks of graham crackers, and I set the marshmallows on the batter standing up, and I think they would have melted better into the brownies on their sides and maybe if I pressed them in more? Nevertheless, they were gone fast! I think there was one left over after I took them to my Aunt and Uncles house and my father ate it before I could even look at it. I also had a helper, my Niece Maddy, who just turned ten(!), crushed the graham crackers and put them into the batter for me!
What do you think? Are you going to make them?
S'mores Brownies
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
roughly 1 cup graham crackers pieces, broken by hand
half a bag of large marshmallows

Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 pan.
Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
Once melted remove from heat and add sugar, vanilla, eggs, then blend.
In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, and salt.
Add the dry mixture to the batter and mix well.
Add the graham cracker pieces and mix.
Pour into the greased pan.
Place the marshmallows over the poured batter.
Bake for 35-40 minuets, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Wanna follow my blog? click HERE and you can using twitter, google, or yahoo or create an account so you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment