Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Grilled Cheese

Welcome to my first new recipe of 2012!
Working retail during the holiday season is crazy, especially when your parents visit and you're starting to make friends in a new place. But now I'm back and have some great stuff coming for you all, starting with this delicious loaded baked potato grilled cheese sandwich, I know it's a mouthful!

I'm basically a sucker for anything with cheese and bacon, but add potatoes and you have the trifecta.
Seriously, how can you go wrong with potatoes, cheese, and bacon? You know it's going to be good!
And oh it was! I made it for dinner tonight with tomato soup ( I'll post that next), and my grandfather devoured it. They really aren't that hard to make, and the end result is going to be a regular on your table.


I got the recipe from BS in the Kitchen
I used honey wheat bread, turkey bacon, and fat free sour cream to make it a little healthier.

I just got an awesome recipe box to keep all my recipes in. So excited, (it's easy to make me happy), I've been trying to fill it with everything I've posted in the last year.

Loaded Baked Potato Grilled Cheese
1 sandwich


3-4 strips of bacon
1 potato
2 tablespoons of sour cream
2 slices of cheddar cheese
Green Onions 
2 slices of bread
butter
olive oil
garlic powder
pepper


Preheat your frying pan on medium heat and put the olive oil in the pan, enough to lightly cover the bottom.
Cut your potato into even slices, you will need 4-5 sliced for the sandwich, as thick as you would like.
Put the potato slices in the pan, cooking each side until browned and crispy.
While cooking, pepper the potatoes to taste and sprinkle a pinch of the garlic powder.
In another pan, cook your bacon on medium heat, you can either cut and crumble the bacon or leave its at strips.
Butter each side of your bread, and spread some sour cream on the side of the bread that will be on the inside.
Remove the grease from the bacon and potatoes with a paper towel and begin assembling the sandwich.
First put a slice of cheese, then the potatoes, then some more sour cream, (to keep the bacon and green onions on), then the green onions and bacon, then the other slice of cheese and finally the top slice of bread.
Grill the sandwich in a pan or panini maker on medium head on each side until golden brown.
Cut in half and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment