Friday, October 5, 2012

Chocolate Espresso Sandwich Cookies



Hello my loves!
I'm so, so sorry about my absence! I've been working full time as a supervisor (I know, its exciting) and it's been taking all my energy but I think I'm finally getting a hang of things. The other good news is that I have been baking! Thanks to all the amazing people who pitched in to buy me a kitchen aid mixer for my 21st birthday! :)))
I know, best gift ever. Goodbye hand mixer!
The other hold up I've had to blogging is that I've had issues uploading my pictures:( but I figured a way to upload them so here we are.

Now to the wonderful goodness at the top of the page.
I've made these cookie sandwiches before, and they're a bit time consuming; but very much worth it. The chocolate espresso cookies are dry and crumbly so don't plan on making them without the filling, however, the two paired together is one of my favorite cookies by far! I'd say these are defiantly grown up cookies and are so worth the treat and breaking any diet.
Seriously, these are amazing. Try them and then thank me.
Recipe is from Broma Bakery.

Chocolate Espresso Sandwich Cookies 

For the cookies:
1 1/2 cups and 3 tablespoons flour
3/4 cups and 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder (or instant coffee)
15 tablespoons butter

For the filling:
8 oz white chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder

In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a boil.
Remove from head and add the white chocolate and coffee powder.
Let stand for 1 minute, then whisk until white chocolate is completely melted.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow filling to congeal.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare cookie sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
In your mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
Set aside.
Cut the butter into cubes and add them in batches until the dough comes together.
On a floured surface, roll the dough until its about 1/8 inches thick.
Use a cookie cutter to cut dough into two inch rounds.
Place onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely.

On a work surface, place half the cookies upside down.
Whisk the chilled filling or stir it with a teaspoon.
Dollop a teaspoon of filling onto the center of each upside down cookie.
Place second cookie on top of filling and press together until filling comes to the edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment